So, back in December I had a doctors appointment . Due to my thyroid not functioning and taking hormone replacement. I spoke to her about all my aches and anxiety and depression. Also how my weight has sky rocketed and not being able to lose any pounds. Like my weight has just froze and my metabolism is absolutely dead.
To make all matters worse she began telling me that I was (obese) no shit! That my fat was hurting me and that all my problems were due to my fatness.
Of course I knew this. My whole life I have been over weight. But never minded the pounds or that I was fat shamed and bullied. I always had a high self-esteem.
I never thought that as an adult I would suffer the consequences of bad eating habits and bad food choices. And the food I was introduced my whole life from my mother.
It seems that once you hit your late twenties you hit a plateau and everything starts to ache and you can’t lose weight.
Well I figured that I should stop eating carbohydrates because they are not good for me. I’ve tried many diets and recently I have looked into the #Ketogenic diet. Which is pretty much no carbohydrates. You eat fat to lose fat.
Yeah, sounds controversial! I’m barely getting the hang of it by doing lots of research.
This here is what I eat in a day for breakfast or lunch. Eggs with mozzarella cheese, ham, avocado which is a staple in Keto because it is high in healthy fats. And just a home made salsa.
- Basically a #Ketogenic diet is a type of very low carbohydrate diet designed to force your body to burn fat instead of glucose for energy. This process produces ketones.
- Carbohydrate is your Body’s main fuel. It breaks it down into glucose.
- Without the consumption of carbohydrates your body turns to using protein for fuel.
- Your body will then get into Ketosis which means that your body is in a state where it doesn’t have glucose available to use energy, so it switches into a state where molecules called Ketones which are made during fat metabolism.
- Ketones can be used for energy, they can be used instead of glucose for most energy needed.
Many people who are on the Ketogenic diet measure if they are in ketosis with urine test strips to see if they are producing ketones.
I personally am not doing that. What I do is try not to consume more than 20 grams of carbs. And have no sugar at all. As of December till now I have lost 10lbs YAY! For me.
I’ll see how my diet goes. I don’t plan to call it a diet. I want to adapt this as a long-term lifestyle.
Have a great day!
Beef fajitas with pepper and onions. On a bed of steamed broccoli. Topped with cheddar cheese and sour cream.
I am not a professional doctor or recommend to anyone. Please consult a medical professional before doing any changes to your dietary restrictions. This is only a personal thing.